The Defiant is looking for a data engineer to help build out its DeFi-focused data platform.
By: The Defiant Teamjobs in crypto
The Defiant is looking for a data engineer to help build out its DeFi-focused data platform; a comprehensive, customizable, shareable and code-free interface, sourcing timely, high-definition data directly from smart contracts. We aim to become an indispensable tool for investors and analysts operating in decentralized finance.
If you’re interested in the following please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sourcing data from blockchain smart contracts
- Analyzing raw data
- Participate in the ETL process construction
- Improving data quality and efficiency
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team
- 2+ years experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages Python, Solidity. Experience with type safety is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design and ETLs
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Ability to work within 4hrs of EST timezone
- Competitive salary
- Benefits if US-based
- Opportunity to advance in a fast-growing crypto startup
- Remote working with some level of flexibility regarding working hours
Apply by sending a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
About The Defiant
The Defiant is the most trusted information source focusing on the open economy. We bring unbiased, balanced, facts-based and timely reporting to decentralized finance, NFTs, and web3. We believe blockchains will be the underlying infrastructure of the financial system and will add a valuable layer to the internet. At The Defiant, we are the best placed to cover that transformation.
Defiant Media Inc. was founded in 2019 by Camila Russo, former Bloomberg News journalist and author of The Infinite Machine, the most read book on the history of Ethereum. Today, it has a core team of 20, plus a network of dozens of contributors. The Defiant publishes news stories and features, research reports, opinion columns, exclusive interviews, and tutorials across its website, newsletters, podcast, and YouTube channel. Hundreds of thousands consume our content each month. We are building a platform focusing on on-chain DeFi data which we expect will become an indispensable tool for investors, traders, and analysts following the industry.