Our Most Read Stories This Week: Arthur Hayes, Bitcoin ETF, New POL Token
The Defiant's most read stories for the week of Oct. 23.
By: The Defiant Team •DeFi News
These are the top 10 most read stories on The Defiant during the week of Oct. 23:
- Arthur Hayes Says BTC Is Rallying Over US Military Spending, Not ETF Hype Arthur Hayes, the co-founder of the BitMEX derivatives exchange, published an essay attributing the crypto market rally to the costs associated with hawkish U.S. foreign policy and not spot Bitcoin ETF anticipation.
- BlackRock Plans to Seed its Spot Bitcoin ETF in October Eric Balchunas, the Senior ETF Analyst for Bloomberg, pointed out on X an intriguing change in BlackRock's spot Bitcoin ETF amendment: The world's largest asset manager is planning to seed the fund this month.
- Polygon Deploys POL Token On Ethereum Polygon announced the news on Oct. 25, comprising a major milestone in the project’s ongoing “2.0” overhaul.
- Bitcoin Surges To 17-Month High Amid Spot Bitcoin ETF Progress BTC is trading at its highest level since last May as researchers tip that the highly anticipated spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund from the world’s largest asset manager, BlackRock, may be seeded this month.
- Teenage CEO Purchases ‘hello.app’ Web Domain for $115,000 Teenage founder & CEO Álvaro Pintado Santaularia has purchased the hello.app web domain for $115,000 – launching the world’s first decentralized storage network based on mobile devices, iPads and PCs.
- Vodafone Partners With Chainlink To Demonstrate Blockchain’s Potential In Global Trade Telecom giant Vodafone’s Digital Asset Broker (DAB) revealed that it has conducted a proof of concept in collaboration with Chainlink Labs, Sumitomo Corporation, and InnoWave to alleviate issues pertaining to the global trade ecosystem.
- LayerZero Deploys stETH Bridge Without Approval From Lido Governance Lido, the top liquid staking provider, is fiercely debating whether to support cross-chain stETH transfers to Avalanche, BNB Chain, and Scroll via a new bridge deployed by LayerZero Labs.
- Celestia Prepares For Imminent Mainnet Launch Celestia, a project dedicated to building a modular blockchain ecosystem, is set to launch its Mainnet Beta in the coming days.
- Fantom Launches Testnets For Sonic Upgrade, Estimates 6,700% Throughput Gain Fantom launched testnets for its upcoming revamped tech stack, Sonic, on Oct. 24, with the team claiming Sonic’s throughput will compete with major credit card companies and banks.
- No, Hamas Isn’t Raising Millions Through Crypto Elliptic is the latest on-chain research firm to dispel claims that cryptocurrency is a major source of funding for Hamas, the Palestinian terrorist organization currently at war with Israel.