Recap: DeFi Week of Dec. 2 🦄
Hello defiers, hope you’re having a great weekend! Summing up las week: Ethereum successfully upgraded with changes to allow for more private and scalable dapps by making zk-SNARKS and zk-STARKS cheaper to implement. As a result, zk-based solutions are on...
Hello defiers, hope you’re having a great weekend!
Summing up las week: Ethereum successfully upgraded with changes to allow for more private and scalable dapps by making zk-SNARKS and zk-STARKS cheaper to implement. As a result, zk-based solutions are on fire. Eth2 development is also making progress. One of the first Dai-based financial primitive was launched with Chai, and there’s a Dai-first wallet in development.
Also: My book The Infinite Machine, about the history of Ethereum, is available for pre-order! You can get a physical, audio or digital copy now to get right on the July 14 launch.
News & Views
- Ethereum Wallet That Doesn’t Make Users Hold ETH: Authereum is building a wallet in which DAI is the primary asset displayed upfront by default, users can buy DAI with their debit cards directly and transaction fees can also be paid in DAI.
- Matter Labs Promises VISA-Like Scalability With ZK Sync: The Matter Labs team says its Layer 2 solution can achieve high throughout and privacy, without compromising on decentralization or security.
- Brave Crosses 10m Monthly Active Users: Brave browser crossed 10 million monthly active users and almost one fourth of them have a BAT token address.
- Ethereum About to Undergo a Major Upgrade: The Ethereum network is scheduled to upgrade in the Istanbul hard fork, paving the way for more scalable and private applications.
- DeFi Dashboard Raises $2 Million in Seed Round: Zerion raised $2 million in a seed funding round led by Placeholder, with participation from Blockchain Ventures and Gnosis.
- Chai Lets You Earn Interest on Your Dai: Chai is a token wrapper which allows Dai holders to easily start earning interest on their stablecoin.
- Does DeFi Cannibalize PoS?: There’s a risk that decentralized finance will cannibalize proof-of-stake as its platforms offer higher returns than becoming a validator, Haseeb Qureshi of Dragonfly Capital wrote in a blog post.
- Report Shows DeFi Explosion in the Third Quarter: Graychain published a Crypto Credit Report for the third quarter, focusing on DeFi, showing a Coinbase program spurred an explosion of DeFi addresses.
Thanking all the amazing defiers for the support and love this week (and always!)
ethhub.eth @ethhub_ioEthHub Weekly Recap #90 -Virgil Griffith situation -@CamiRusso's book preorder -Upgrade for Istanbul -Upbit is hacked for 342k ETH -Muir Glacier fork is announced -Fidelity experimenting with Ethereum -DeFi tooling -Ethereum Foundation's blog on eth2
podcast.ethhub.ioInto the Ether: EthHub Weekly Recap #90: Virgil Griffith situation, Upbit is hacked, Muir Glacier fork announced, Fidelity experiments with…On the EthHub Weekly Recap we cover topics from the EthHub Weekly Newsletter. In this episode we discuss the arrest of Virgil Griffith, upgrading your nodes for Istanbul, Upbit is hacked and loses $50,000,000 worth of ETH, Muir Glacier hard fork is announced, Fidelity is rewarding employees in …4:56 PM ∙ Dec 4, 201941Likes16Retweets
evan.ethereum.eth @evan_van_nessMuch clicked * @billyrennekamp Eth wallet comparison * @CamiRusso Eth DeFi as honey badger * @0xKiwi_ Eth network effects in open finance world * @virgilgr arrested & EF statement * @AttestantIO validator effective balance * @clementcodes Solidity documentation generator
evan.ethereum.eth @evan_van_nessWeek in Ethereum News for December 1, 2019 https://t.co/m0mxBmEe6L4:36 PM ∙ Dec 3, 201928Likes11Retweets
Graychain @graychain@CamiRusso @DarenMcKelvey @defipulse Thanks for that! We’re huge fans of The Defiant. Its an honor to be included8:52 PM ∙ Dec 5, 2019
Don’t be late to all these news. Subscribe to read the full posts and to get the latest and most interesting developments in the decentralized finance space.