Our Most Read Stories This Week: LINK Trust, Disney Taps Immutable, ETH ETFs, ADA Adopts Substrate
The Defiant's most read stories for the week of Nov. 6.
By: The Defiant Team •DeFi News
These are the top 10 most read stories on The Defiant during the week of Nov. 6:
- Grayscale Chainlink Trust Shares Rocket To 200% Premium: GLINK, shares in Grayscale’s Chainlink Trust, have rocketed to a 200% premium compared to the spot LINK markets.
- Disney And Square-Backed Games Tap Immutable And Polygon For Ethereum Scaling: Immutable, a gaming-focussed Ethereum scaling team, said it is receiving a flurry of interest web3 games seeking to launch on its upcoming Polygon-powered Layer 2 rollup, Immutable zkEVM, ahead of its mainnet launch early next year.
- "I Don't See a Reason for the SEC to Deny the ETH ETF," said Bloomberg Analyst Eric Balchunas: Based on the saga prospective Bitcoin ETF issuers have gone through, U.S. securities regulators would likely have to approve a spot Ether ETF, said Bloomberg analyst Eric Balchunas.
- Cardano Blockchain Plans to Adopt Polkadot's Substrate Framework: Cardano, the Layer 1 blockchain created by Ethereum co-founder Charles Hoskinson, plans to use the underlying framework of Polkadot, a competing Layer 1 chain, also created by an Ethereum co-founder, Gavin Wood.
- Tron Quietly Becomes the Leading Blockchain for Stablecoin Transfers: Emerging markets are pushing Tron to become the top blockchain for USDT and other fiat-backed stablecoin transfers.
- Bank of England Unveils Stablecoin Rules: The Bank of England has released stablecoin regulations that will take effect next year.
- Coinbase Launches On-Chain KYC Verification to +100M Users: Coinbase just launched one of the largest efforts to bring decentralized identity to the mainstream.
- Arbitrum Community Greenlights Staking Mechanism: The Arbitrum community passed a revamped proposal to launch staking for ARB holders on Nov. 6.
- Crypto Critic Nouriel Roubini is Launching a Token: Economist Nouriel Roubini has called Bitcoin "the mother of all bubbles" and crypto "the biggest criminal heist in human history."
- dYdX Doubles Down on Decentralization: ast forward to 2023 and dYdX has reached over 1T in total trading volume and commands a TVL of over $300m.